Tuesday 6 October 2009

NATIONAL DRAMA WEEK

During National Drama Week - 28th September to 4th October - Principals invited special guests to visit their classes. Bolton Principal, Karen Ryder, invited Coronation Street star MAGS GANNON to attend her Prestwich class. She is pictured below with the children. Following the visit Ms Gannon felt inspired to email Helen O'Grady Head Office with her thoughts - see below.

"I have just returned home from a Prestwich class taught by Karen Ryder. I believe it is your "National Drama Week" and because of this (and being a local actress) Karen invited me to my local class. I have to say I have come away most impressed with the way Karen seemlessly covered so much in one hour; it flew by! The rapport between Karen and all the pupils was quite truly astounding - they loved her! I was a little apprehensive wondering what to expect, in fact I was imagining a "bad nativity school play" ... how wrong was I?! Karen did two main parts to the lesson, one was to music about cavemen and the other about an ice cream factory. I don't know who enjoyed it more, me or the children. I am certainly impressed with the Helen O'Grady programme, what you are doing for childrens' self-belief (call it what you wish) is first class; keep up the good work, you have made a 66 year old woman very happy this evening.
Kind regards, Mags Gannon."

No comments:

Post a Comment